Tuesday, March 18, 2014 | 8:45 AM - approximately 12:30 PM
Join us for a morning of education, empowerment and political exchange. Jewish Women’s Morning at the Capitol (JWMC) gives Jewish women a chance to make a difference. Meet and speak with your legislative representatives. Stay for an optional luncheon to debrief and round out the day.
Lobby and learn with:
- Marcia Avner, senior fellow for Minnesota Council on Nonprofits and strategy, training and planning consultant will teach us the basics of lobbying
- Tim Stanley, Senior Director of Public Affairs at Planned Parenthood MN/ND/SD will give us an update on the status of reproductive justice and abortion rights in Minnesota
- Rev. Vicki Wunsch, Associate Director of Faith Organizing at OutFront MN will brief us on the Safe and Supportive Minnesota Schools Act
- Brian Rusche, Executive Director of the Joint Religious Legislative Coalition will brief us on proposed minimum wage legislation
- Rabbi Harold Kravitz, Senior Rabbi at Adath Jeshurun and president of MAZON - A Jewish Response to Hunger will speak about closing the lunch and achievement gaps in Minnesota schools by lobbying on legislation that would eliminate the fee for reduced-price school lunch.
JWMC empowers people of all ages! Bring your mother, daughters and grand-daughters to join us in making a difference this year.
The event is free and open to all.
08:45 AM to 12:30 PM
75 Reverand Dr, Martin Luther King Jr Blvd,
St Paul, MN, 55155